Re: Our Unique World

> So many essential conditions are necessary for life to exist on our earth
> that it is mathematically impossible that all of them could exist in
> proper relationship by chance on any one earth at one time. Therefore,
> there must be in nature some form of intelligent direction. If this be
> true, then there must be a purpose.

Chance is an arbitary structure. For some events to occur at the same
place and time (human life on Earth now), is as likely as any other
(dropping an apple last Friday).

It is only when we ascribe meaning and significance (winning the lottery)
to 'co-incidents' that we start thinking of these events in terms of
probability, chance, supernatural intervention and superstition. We find
spooky meaning and exterior belief systems by way of explanation - usually
at times of cultural insecurity (human life on Earth now), to duck
responsibility or to deal with uncertainty. I belive this is known the
anthropic pinciple.

The universe of chance is a universe where there are no events, as the
probability of occurance is always 0.5 or less.

Consider also cause and effect, maybe events create probability, not the
reverse.

Perhaps all these amazing coincidences are simply the result of all other
potentially life-creating circumstances since the beginning of the universe
being eliminated through not meeting the criteria for life to exist. Given
the amount of time and space at the disposal of the unviverse, such
"coincidence" are surely inevitable.

> The object of this book is to point out some of these marvelous adjust-
> ments and suggest the purpose underlying the existence of man. Let us
> examine the suprising facts.

"Heaven; Heaven is the place where nothing ever happens." David Byrne

JW