Technology-Nature.

Tim May tells us:

>I learned in my years at Intel how easy it was to start bossing people
>around, and as I hired engineers and scientists, I built up quite a little
>empire. But I didn't like what it was doing to me, as it distanced me from
>the technology and also brought out "control freak" tendencies....I started
>worrying about how my people were using their time ("my" time), and I
>increasingly applied my own notions of what they should talk about and what
>were suitable topics for laboratory chatter. In other words, I became a
>censor. (Not a government censor, but a censor in the broader definition
>I've already cited.)

Technology stands in the Way of Nature. Distancing ones Self from Technology is
a healthy alternative to Technology. Walk and talk with a friend in the
context of Nature. What has been
built to hold us together, seems to be dividing us from one another. There
is always hope
in Nature; and there may be some hope in Technology as well. The Human path
is always
a long an difficult journey, because we are Human.

Howard
Howard Ray Lawrence
College of Arts and ARCHITECTURE
The Pennsylvania State University