Sydney Opera House and Gaudi

In structures this quarter at the U of Minnesota, my class was lucky enough to
get the opportunity to study Utzon's original design intent, with the intent of
proving that it could be built. In part of our analysis we are using the
funicular modeling technique of Gaudi, basically, using specific materials to
represent the structure, however suspended with weights. The difficulty at the
moment is finding some information about these models, what specific materials
represent in actual constructio (the second pahse of this investigation), and
how to take the actual measurements for specific elements from this model. The
other problem comes in knowing exactly what Utzon intended for the Opera house.
If anyone out there has any information that they feel would help in our
investigation I and my classmates would really appreaciate your efforts.
Thanks for your time,
Teresa
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * * *
* Teresa Hueg
* 1035 Van Slyke Ave
* St. Paul, MN 55103-1039
* (612)487-1609
* (hueg0001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
* University of MN - College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture
* 89 Church St., S.E.
* Minneapolis, MN 55455