Re: titanic model

At 01:28 AM 12/22/97 -0500, Mike wrote:

>It was a *full-scale* model of 7/8 of the ship. Not that it matters. Who
>would know the difference?

Something like that; I'll have to ask my friend, who supervised the crew
that built it!

And not knowing the difference is exactly the point. Actors who've done
effects-fests often complain about having to act to a blue screen; Cameron
knows this (but I think that's secondary to his need to do bigger, better).
He did something similar for _The Abyss:_ they filmed many of the underwater
scenes in an abandoned nuclear power plant containment building---full size,
for real/reel.

Mark