Re: nukes and cities--info for BC

thanks for the very interesting rundown on the tech and
the effect Gregory. though i still feel there is a connection
between 'war and architecture', or defensive spaces in case of
war as being a design issue. in times of war i think it may be
more central of an issue, and, if recent threats are ever made
real, we might have to reevaluate our domestic designs, ala 70s
shelters and put the fear of (god|dess) in the bunker busting
bomb blastoids of nuclear fission design experiments.

i just now recovered from a 'fatal error - illegal instruction'
recursive loop on my computer, since last thursday. it is as
effective as an EMP blasting away the magnetic bits, seeing
how fragile the medium is- losing data in an electric heartbeat..
second time in 3 months. this time i think it was a errant tenant
who has a knack for breaking things. domestic terrorist, without
a wit of sense. has me thinking of design basics; what are the
basics of building design in such a fragile system.. are UPS',
uninterruptable power supplies, and backup generators going to
be common on a more ubiquitous scale.. that is, in the 'home
of the future-present'..?

bc