bites

> From: Gregory Wharton <jgw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Re: nuts or huts !
>
> Patachon wrote:
>> The law of the death X mileage.
> Actually, that's:
of course. number of death= event magnitude and spatial distance = mileage.

> Event Magnitude
> Immediacy = ----------------- where,
> Distance * Time
>
> Spatial Distance * 2(Social Distance)
> Distance = -------------------------------------
> 3
>
> So, for any individual, if 1 person you know gets killed next door ten
> minutes ago, that has a high immediacy factor. If 10,000 people you don't
> know from Adam's housecat die halfway around the world a few years ago, the
> immediacy of the situation is significantly less. This is pretty much an
> immutable law of human nature.
>
> As for importance, this is a related, but separate, issue from immediacy.
> We can look at it this way:

> Importance = Immediacy * Value Significance

> So, though an event might be distant in time and space, if it is of
> sufficient magnitude and has sufficient value significance to the individual
> in question, it may be very important indeed. This is why some people care
> about distant events, and others don't.

there goes the following law: if a dog bites some human's ear, it's not
news, but if an human bites a dog's ear, that's news. Then What 's the
immediacy or value significance factor there ?

same kind of importance factorisation applies to history. only historians
remember let's say the millions of deaths from bubonic pleague some
centuries ago.
(You quoted the time factor in your answer: I didn't , purposedly)
:-D=
?¼?