deficit

From: patachon <phsov@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:53:10 -0600
To: "Basic and applied design (Art and Architecture)"
<DESIGN-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: no more : nuts nor huts !

> From: Randolph Fritz <randolph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: nuts or huts !

> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 04:34:29PM -0800, Gregory Wharton wrote:
>>
>> Generally, and relating directly back to my original post in this thread,
>> out of sight, out of mind. Americans mostly don't care about the rest of
>> the world and wish foreigners would just bloody well quit hassling us.
>>

> Except for their oil. And their cheap labor. And their coffee. And...
>
> Um, perhaps those sentences need a bit of rethinking. :-/
>
> Randolph

just a fast (?) one: Americans have the biggest commercial global
debt/deficit. They import quite everything except Rye, relabel "proudly
assembled in USA" and export that , cash the money, all of that before even
paying to the original producer of the parts (hand) made somewhere in the
Asian or African subcontinent.
eventually the label wears "designed in the usa".... even if assembled in
Mexico.

A example of country in pure artificial consumerism supported by an apparent
supremacy in which everybody seems to be educated, better said brainwashed
to blindly believe.

From there some comments like : how could we learn from about 199 other
countries if we are only interested in helping our artificially made, so
recent country to survive in the ferocious war we deliver against our
providers to oblige them to put their prices down ? And against our
"clients" to force them to pay the price we decide on the objects we try to
convince them to by only from us (or our conglomerates).

Meaby I'm wrong...

Someday Nike shoes will be glued on afghan soil. Just wait and see.Like
already happening in Vietnam.

?¼?