Re: drawings as musical scores?

very interesting investigation samantha.

i would add to your resources the work of venturi and scott brown in
analyzing communication across space, in their seminal "Learning From Las
Vegas." for isn't it just the next step of the analysis? going from the
more "private" interior environment of theaters, labs and screens to the
more public exterior one? the Lehman Brothers building here in Manhattan
(which I've already posted some photos of) is a very interesting case in
point. one is not really "immersed" in the environment of the screens here,
but the screens are more "transportive" and environment-creating than they
are architectural or spatially-enclosing. and the two worlds are moving
towards each other: the interior, media world is re-creating the "real"
world more and more accurately, and the exterior world is incorporating
media and communication in ways that make the exterior more and more like
the interior world.

paul goldberger's article last week doesn't really do much more than
describe it (with some thoughts on content), but...

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/content/?020128ta_talk_goldberger

RONALD EVITTS ARCHITECT
1201 Broadway, Room 503
New York, NY 10001-5405