Re: Ken's paper architecture

I don't know the origin of the term "paper architecture", but I would say
that the reality of what is today generally considered "paper architecture"
goes back at least a couple centuries now. Boullee's work quickly comes to
mind.

I hope I'm not presuming too much here, but I consider "paper architecture"
(again in the most general terms) as such architecture that is drawn (on
paper) but is not executed, likely never to be executed, and often of a
design that is so bombastic that non-execution is almost gauranteed.

With Quondam's collection, which is largely CAD models of unexecuted
architecture designs, the notion of "paper" is a non-issue. [But, as is
occassionally evident, the lack of paper at Quondam does not necessarily
eliminate bombast.]

Steve