Re: bilocation -- opening odds of Ottopia

During the afternoon, Frederick, Franziska, Otto, Maria and
the "Virginia Hams" go on a 'King of Prussia Marble' tour
conducted by Trumbauer and Fiske Kimball (who 'discovered'
the origin of the Rococo, and restored Monticello, among
other things). Otto recalls how he began to feel really,
really sick 18 January 1871, in the Hall of Mirrors at
Versailles when Wilhelm I was proclaimed emperor of
Germany--"Alas Ludwig! I cannot describe to you how unhappy
and wretched I felt during the ceremony, how every fiber of
my being revolted at what I saw! Everything was so cold, so
brilliant, so ostentatious and showy, so empty and
unfeeling. I felt so oppressed, so stale in that great
hall!"

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...