Modernism in The White House?

We'll be opening Studios in the Washington, D.C., area soon, and we'd like to get your take on the presence of modernism in the capital beltway. Send us an email about your favorite design destinations, whether galleries, stores, cafés, workshops, design individuals, architecture firms or something quirkier-the more uncommon, the better. Please send your design picks to newscomments@xxxxxxx. We're also curious to know what designers or firms are used by the White House. Thanks for your help.

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...