Is democracy suiciding herself ?

ron wrote :
> and interesting to hear on npr this morning a discussion about eurabia, and
> the decline of christianity, the rise of islam, the clash of cultures, all
> of which got me to thinking about religious faith, and how our society, in
> its secularism, doesn't seem to have anything approaching the radical
> islamist's faith/zeal/passion.

so should we consider the presence of the west in irak as radicalism or
antiradicalism ?

should we (westerners-christians and alike) act radically in religious,
military or economic matters , like let's say Romans , Turks, or Crusaders
did before?

is it time for the west to be "REACTIONARIES" even if to be later
considered fascists , like many thinkers in the 1930/44 era?

does democracy need a "reaction" phase to stay alive later ? (even using
mercenaries like Venetian did ?)

what woud have happened ,at planetary level ,in the late 1990 or now if
another kind of political/religious (or a-religious) strong movement (like
communism in the U.S.S.R.) instead of - or parrallel to - islamic
fundamentalism would still have been present ? Could another new political
set of values to balance the superpowered "géant aux pieds d'argile"
pumping oil he needs to stay upright ?

Is democracy suiciding herself by trying to be imposed to others - by a
capitalistic , liberal or (christian) religious set of rules and beliefs
if such imposition includes, in the democratic homes , the acceptance or
imposition of some patriotic acts restraining basic democratic rights ?

Patrice

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...