Re: "...your film will be confiscated."

In 1950, after returning from Russia (now Ukraine) and
finding herself again living in Bavaria, my mother stopped
by the Baron's villa, but alas the house was occupied by US
military. Franziska's eldest son recently confirmed this by
stating, "The US military were quite long in the house."
These days, the villa is rented out, although owned by
Franziska's eldest daughter, who lives on the old family
farm in Wurttemberg. (The oldest relative of mine on my
mother's side, that I know of, was, in the early 1700s,
mayor of a town in Wurttemberg.)

The Baron's family and his staff (ie, my mother the cook and
Magdalene the upstairs maid) spent Christmas Eve 1943 in the
Chinese Room. My mother played checkers on the floor with
the children, but the Baron always made sure the children
won. Born actress that she is, my mother simply feigned
surprise and laughed aloud at her 'defeats'. The Chinese
Room has since moved, and is today at Schloss Piesing.

To hear my mother tell it, Baroness Franziska von Ow was
somewhat of a tragic figure. She told my mother a lot of
personal things, but I won't go into that here.

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...