Re: the building as burkha

I'm curious as to how much thought, if any, has been given
to the design of all the security checkpoints that will
eventually be a part of all the new buildings and memorial
at Ground Zero. Even without research, I imagine none of the
proposed buildings and memorial will exist without many
security checkpoints. Perhaps Ground Zero could be
surrounded by a new and smaller version of the Berlin Wall
(creating an island of Freedom Tower), thus potentially
narrowing the number of checkpoints down to three--Alpha,
Bravo and Charlie. Even Wall Street would have real meaning
again!

Or maybe my imagination has run away and ARCHITECTURE OF THE
DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA is really completely fictitious.

walls = denial = burkha = ?

[Did you ever see pictures of how the first manifestation of
the Berlin Wall was a continuous line of armed Communist
soldiers standing abreast side by side? Remember Hands
Across America? "Ich bin ein Ground Zeroed!"]

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...