[design] denise

lauf-s wrote:

I wonder if Scott Brown remembers how I told her, at the 14 July 2001 OUT OF THE ORDINARY book signing at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, how St. Helena (a native of Drepanum, today's Yalova, Turkey) was the first master architect and planner of Christian architecture. She (Scott Brown) at least said, "That's fascinating."

when i met her in the 90s (she was speaking at an ACSA conference) we had a short discussion on discrimination against women in architectural academia. she got up to speak and announced that bob had just won the pritzker price. just bob, not bob and denise. apparently the pritzker is never awarded to a team or group, just individual 'stars'.