Re: Imagery?

The objection to "publicity" was quite misplaced. Advertising designed to
off-set capitalist overproduction by generating ideologically suspicious
desires for commodities may be one thing, but there is certainly nothing
wrong with letting us know about the publication of a book on a
Heideggerian philosopher. (And there is no way to preserve unfettered
discourse and exclude the voice of corporate-sponsered advertising,
anyway, so if Ms Babich had offered Heidegger-shaped soap-on-a-rope for
$9.99, it would still be out of place to get prissy about it. For the
time being, our freedoms ride piggy-back on the structural "freedoms"
necessary for advanced capitalism to function. The only reason we have
freedom of speech anywhere is because investment decisions can only be
made where there is reasonable access to unbiased information. I, for
one, don't like this world; but it is simply silly to get proprietary and
huffy about "publicity" on a medium designed to make capitalism work.)

In any case, the book looks damn interesting, and I'm glad I now know
about it.

Jim