After Being and Time

To respond to some of Jacob Knee's points, it seems to me that Being and
Time could be seen as a failure to the later Heidegger in the sense that
the existential analytic runs counter to the overcoming of metaphysics
which H wishes to enact. Dasein in many ways re-embodies the metaphysical
notion of the subject so central to Husserl's phenomenology; I'm sure no
one needs to be reminded that the thought of Being for the later Heidegger
reequired a movement away from humanistic thought, always to ontic. Hence
to move to the work of art for the origin, which again was perhaps to
'thingly' and finally to Ereignis. These three stages seem to provide an
adequate topography for Heidegger's thought, continually moving away from
ontic pricipia which crystallize over the anarchic presencing of Being.

John R. Wright