Heidegger and the '20's

I have not followed the thread between Hemming and Knee very
closely, so if this has been stated already, my apologies in advance.
Mention was made of the thesis in Van Buren and Kiesel that Sein und Zeit
represented a turn away from H's earlier thought, and the period after, the
so-called "turning," a return to H's original path of thought. (I hope that
this is correct. If not just ignore the post.) Well, I recall an interview
with Gadamer in the book, Gadamer on Education, Poetry, and History (SUNY
Press), where he said that he did not like Sein and Zeit, because it was a
turn away from what Gadamer considered to be H's better thinking, the stuff
in the early to mid-Twenties. He viewed the significance of "Origin of the
Work of Art" to be a return to that better thinking, which had guided him
(Gadamer) in his thinking during this period. I take it that this tends to
confirm the reading of VanBuren and Kiesel. If I get some time I will look
up the interview and report back.