the violence of non-questioning

Tom Blancato recently:

>for nonviolence is *constantly* disagreeing with
>polemos, with the agreement of polemos.

Has Tom noticed the lengthy discussions a week or so ago on the meaning of
'polemos'? The point is that the meaning of the word is one connection with
Heideggerian thinking. If polemos is more a-kin to necessary strife and
a-parting in the heart of Being rather than some notion of war or violence
then this raises a question as to the relation between the setting-a-part
of what sets-together and violence (or war or "dis-agreement"). More simply
put: strife (in the non-virile Heraclitorical sense) is not at all
violence, thus to op-pose nonviolence with it is very question-worthy and
very virile too! What's the beef with polemos and the polemical? The
utterly intrusive and invasive are not of the same cloth as the struggling
and striving of polemos: I would even go so far as to say that one version
of nonviolence might be precisely what struggles in balance (and keeps the
world a world -- where nothing 'wins' thus maintaining constant change)
--polemos.

My Pain

  • Re: the violence of non-questioning
    • From: Tom Blancato