Feldweg-Gespraech (GA77)

Iain Thomson writes:

>Speaking of dialogues and dialogics... Anybody checked out GA77:
>Feldweg--Gespraech (1944-45)? It looks extremely interesting to me,
>perhaps part of Heidegger's attempts to renew and reinvigorate the
>philosophical 'dialogue.' Has any of it been translated before collected
>as GA77?

I believe that the first dialogue was later reworked to become the dialogue
concluding _Gelassenheit_, translated as _Discourse on Thinking_. The GA77
dialogue looks substantially longer than the later published version.

The second dialogue is between a poet (Hoelderlin?) and a thinker (Heidegger?).

What looks especially interesting is the final dialogue, which Heidegger
sets in a war-internment camp in the Soviet Union, and is 'staged' as an
encounter between an older and a younger prisoner (both, of course,
German). I only took a cursory look at this dialogue, but it looks to
address the destiny of the Germans in the face of (then-impending) defeat.
How much of Heidegger's own biography informs this text is a matter of
speculation.

Cheers,
Paul Murphy