RE: category: Metaphysics

"H certainly means the entire theoretical tradition following from
Aristotle's Metaphysics: essence/existence, etc.; but he includes
as well in this categorial dust-bin the entire mythopoeic,
body/soul, etc., tradition (prominently Christianity, generally
Dilthey's worldviews) following from Plato. These 2 methods of
of broaching the mysterium tremendum (that which is logically
prior to and beyond physis)he indistinguishably labels "metaphysics";
and, contemptuously counterposes to his phenomenological exposition
of Being, as vaporous nothings to solid (and exquisitely =
minute)proceeding.

I have a big problem with this...mostly, am put off by this conception
of myth...seems 19th century...immature.... And the suspicion that
upon learning that Santa didn't exist, H determined to supply the
deficit: only, this time, with sturdier stuff; and, ironically,
himself undertook a mythopoeic raid on the ineffable, -- by his own
account, a metaphysics.

What do you think?"

You speak well. That is what I do not like about Heidegger. But what =
what I do like is this: He got us to read Greek and Latin and to take =
the tradition seriously and think it through. A salutary kick in the =
pants.