Will de Power

Malcolm, Allen,

Of course, who else? But what if someone says: language, also your speaking
for yourself, means lastly not that a subject speaks, but that words speak,
sound, through you (per-sona).

Jud:
Words are non-substantial aspects of human neurophysiological human activity
converted into sound waves for purposes of communication from one human
holism to another. They have no 'independence' from the human who generates them,
nor can words 'choose' a human medium through which to speak.

This sort of thing was believed to be possible in the late middle ages in
the halcyon days of witchcraft, and these curious beliefs continued even up
to the last burning of a 'witch' in Scotland. The unfortunate woman, Janet
Horne, was tried and condemned to death in 1727 and burnt. England was a little
ahead of the Scots [I have no knowledge of the situation in Holland or
Belgium] regarding the belief in 'speaking in tongues' and Hertford is remarkable
for having been the scene of the last occasion when a person was condemned to
death for Witchcraft in England. The witch in question was Jane Wenham, of
Walkern, who had apparently long held a reputation in the village for being a
wise woman. This seemed to annoy her, and in 1712 she complained to a
magistrate that a local farmer was calling her a witch. The parish priest was brought
in as a mediator and suggested that the farmer should pay her a shilling
(5p) as compensation for the insult. Jane was not content with this, and
according to local rumour, began to use her magical powers against the clergyman and
his household. His servant fell mysteriously ill and was pestered by a
persistent noise of cats outside her door. Later, she claimed to have seen cats,
one of whom had the face of Jane Wenham, and presented her with a knife,
urging that she should kill herself with it. The whole village was profoundly
disturbed by these happenings and others were found to state that they had seen a
cat with a face resembling Jane's. Eventually the woman was brought to trial
at the Hertford Assizes before Chief Justice Powell, who, being a man of
bluff common sense, ridiculed the whole idea of witchcraft. The jury, however,
being obviously made up of proto-Heideggerians was of a different opinion, and
despite the summing up and "direction" from the judge, found that Jane was
guilty. Judge Powell had no choice but to condemn her to death, but through
his influence she was later given a Royal Pardon.

Are you suggesting that the practice of witchcraft remains alive and well
and that Malcolm is in fact a witch/warlock and as such is an unknowing [and
therefore innocent] instrument through which the evil words of Heideggerian
criticism flow? I am curious to know on this occasion WHOSE are the words that
have taken over Malcolm's upper respiratory tract, plica vocalis and larynx,
and how is this feat accomplished? Perhaps it is the same malicious sprite who
controls the vocal chords of George Bush? For how else could a man of the
stature of President of the United states make such fatuous speeches full of
utter crap and larded with lies? It can only be that the sprite in this case
is a committed democrat, it may well be that the mischievous Morgan le Fay is
in the pay of the Democratic contender for the presidency?

Heidegger it appears was another person who believed in the power of words
to speak themselves, and even Nunc on occasion has mentioned things like: 'the
speaking speaking' and 'language speaking', etc. I wonder if this rather
strange communicative instrumentality extends to other forms of communication?
Are they REALLY my fingers that are typing these words or have they been
appropriated by some long dead nominalist? Looking down at my hands as 'I' type,
the fingers do look a little wrinkled - maybe it is the shade of William of
Occam who has seconded my digits into his service?
My God! maybe they'll take over the traffic signals next and cause havoc on
the roads?

Rene:
Lastly it is not Nietzsche who says: there is only will, power. Would that
be so, then he and his theory of wtp would, like everything else, belong to our

Jud:
Possibly Nietzsche's throat, tongue and vocalic equipment were also taken
over by a communicational gremlin? The thing is - who was this gremlin, and
why did he choose Nietzsche as his venerial vessel? For the majority of the
world population, {those people who have even HEARD of Nietzsche,] his
'historical reality' is of a nutty German riddled with syphilis who wore a moustache
under his nose as a surrogate pair of testicles, whose frustration and
homosexual angst manifested itself in a spiteful attack on the weak straights. Had
he lived in the modern age he would probably have spent his time in bathhouses
and not needed to vent his spleen upon straight society in that way, and
would probably be a member of the Green Party or Gay Pride.

Rene:
A reality that would be real without wtp. But it's the other way around:
reality appears so, as wtp 'says it must'.

Jud:
There is no such thing as 'reality,' only that which is real. Even 'that
which is real' is viewed differently from person to person. Some people for
example obviously view the entity Malcolm as a witch through whom 'words' speak
as some sort of metaphysical tannoy-type public address system — others do not.

There is no doubt that Malcolm is known as a wise man, but unlike Jane
Wenham he does not appear to be dissatisfied with this description.
Some people might say that his wisdom presupposed him being a warlock?
Perhaps it would be possible to arrange a vote on the matter on this list, whereby
list members could vote on the question of Malcolm's witchhood?

It is interesting that the name 'Will to Power' is given as the name of this
cuckoo-like speech-sprite in the vocalic nest.
Perhaps it is a confusion with the historical Breton witch: "William de
Power" who was burnt at the stake in Rheims in France in 1473? Apparently
William de Power [of the village of Power or Pourre} was an early ventriloquist who
used to amuse the village children there by working with a crude dummy
dressed as the local Bishop. The church authorities took a dim view of this and
accused the unfortunate Power of witchcraft, and that the words which issued
from the dummy clap-trap were actually the words of the Devil himself. Will de
Power and his dummy were burnt together, and local lore says that as the
flames licked higher the dummy was heard to say: "Le diable m'a créé hors d'un
manche de la brosse de la toilette. Il m'a fait parler mal du bon Évêque. -
Monseur Will le Pouvoir d'est complètement innocent." (The devil who created me
out of a lavatory-brush handle. He made me speak evil of the good Bishop. Mr
Will de Power is completely innocent.)

Is it possible that the 41-year old Nietzsche came across this tale when he
visited Brittany in 1881 with his lover — the 17-year old French boy jockey
and trapeze artist Jacques Ephreum Blancrectum? Later he may have mixed up the
tale with his mad fantasies and diseased nympholepsies of Will to Power with
this half understood folk myth of the wretched roasted ventriloquist Will de
Power?

Rene:
And THAT is precisely now what can and should be seen. Every notion used
now, god, fatherland justice, democracy, appear to be essential lies. And not to
be trusted. Including this notion of 'oneself'. ? One-self - just the place
where the lies find a place to be? And nothing else?

Jud:
And the 'lies' constitute mendacious metaphysical medicants too - I see?
They must wander around lonely as a cloud looking for some unfortunate human to
make a liar of? It's strange indeed, for their distribution of lies is
anything but fair. Some people get singled out and awarded with bigger and more
numerous lies than others?
It seems to me MOST UNFAIR that people like Bush and Blair should get handed
out more and bigger lies than me! I only end up with a few miserable fibs -
and white lies - it is a scandal!

Why is this allowed to go one? The public has a right to know! ;-)

Nullius in Verba

_http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/index.htm_
(http://evans-experientialism.freewebspace.com/index.htm)
JUD EVANS - XVANS XPERIENTIALISM

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---