Re: If it can't be put into plain English it prob'ly isn't true.

[email protected]_ (mailto:michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) writes: Jud spake thus:

"Heidegger? That dopey German? Total rubbish! If it can't be put into plain
English it prob'ly isn't true."

Response to a street interviewer on local radio.

The Smiling Sybarite scruples thus:

ummmhh, nullius in verba?

Nullius in verba - an expression of an enduring commitment to
empirical evidence as the basis of knowledge about the natural world.

Consider also:

Ac ne forte roges quo me duce, quo lare tuter,
nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri,
quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.
"And lest by chance you ask by which leader, by which household
god (i.e., by which school of thought) I am sheltered, I, bound
to swear according to the dictates/prescribed formula (literally,
'into the words') of no (particular) master, am carried off as
a guest, whithersoever the storm takes me."
Horace - from his first Epistle, lines 13-15.
Bottom line? I urge you to start thinking for yourself rather than
continuing to kow-tow to the looney concoctions
of a clapped-out, right-wing, rassischer Unterlegenheit-Wahnsinniger
convicted war-criminal.
regards,
Jud.

--- StripMime Warning -- MIME attachments removed ---
This message may have contained attachments which were removed.

Sorry, we do not allow attachments on this list.

multipart/alternative
text/html
---