Late Foucault

I admit I've had a delayed adolescence, adulthood, and old age, so my naivete on these delicate matters
is no longer a source of embarrassment. So allow me to speak my delayed understanding of the obvious: The reason that Foucault said that philosophy strongly implies if not requires an ample degree of homosexuality is that homosexuality brings with it a sense of sexuality as mystery in flux blessed with the divine light of constant new beginnings. Don't say "unwarranted stereotyping" when you know perfectly well, I'm not talking about anyone in particular. The same cannot be said of the radically mature, knowledgeable, and competent sexuality, conventionalized almost no matter which way you turn, with nothing new to learn above the platitudes desperately urged on us by over-the-hill, never -got -there "poets" like . . .

Allen (after perhaps a little too much sun)