Re: The Philosopher King

Allen on the philosopher kings recently (welcome back):

> I know it's not that simple. In the first place (I think it's the
> first place) is tragedy. But not this
> afternoon.

Allen, how does the second place blossom from (out of?) the first place?
That is, how does philosophy grow out of tragedy? This I find interesting
because my opera will be (yes, it will be) a tragic affair but with
philosophy at its dark (he)art, i.e., it will be poetic in the poesis sense
embracing both...

I have never really understood why a second place arises from a first place
in any arena ('cause' befuddles me). 'Be-cause' is a problem...

regards

michaelP

  • Re: The Philosopher King
    • From: allen scult