RE: history and nihilism

On desk: GA64: Heidegger, Der Begriff der Zeit.
Unpublished text + address with same title, both from 1924.

Heidegger writes that his piece is a consequence of the edition
of the correspondence Dilthey/Count Yorck. He quotes Yorck
writing to his friend, in 1895:

"our common interest in understanding historicity/Geschichlichkeit"
(p. 3)

and adds:

"*Historicity/Geschichtlichkeit* is to be *understood*, and not
history/Geschichte (Weltgeschichte) to be considered.
Geschichtlichkeit means GeschichtlichSEIN of that, which is
as Geschichte.
(...)
"*Before* this methodological question (history as object) lies
the more radical question for the sense of BEING-historically.

We know that BT is problematic as to the relation of Dasein as timely
and geschichtlich. The medium Heidegger therefore points to the destruction
of trad. ontology in BT as the link to H2. Also we should have in the back
of the minds: the knowledge that still-later Heidegger evades even the
Geschichtlichkeit des Daseins. (reason (short): Geschichte is really Geschick.
With Geschick we would maybe have an idea of where we are and will be, first
by taking seriously the fact that we have no idea. We are not capable of even
doing that: taking ourselves seriously: like Geschichte, also Dasein is merely
considered as object - never, though, Geschick ITSELF can be thought
from Geschichte!)

Does that mean that we can skip Geschichte?
No. Just that we need more air, need to wait longer. (active waiting,
long time)

Now some quotes from Nietzsche II, European nihilism, where nihilism, as
understood by Nietzsche, is considered to be itself history -its logic- ,
not something that is over, but which still geschieht/happens, or rather:
stays out or is left out, and is SO, hidden, more determinative, IS so more
nihilistic, destructive.
Heidegger, in his interpretation of Nietzsche's idea of nihilism, departs
from N's definition of nihilism as devaluation of the highest values.

"INCOMLETE nihilism, its forms: we live in the midst of it.
The efforts to escape nihilism, WITHOUT reassessing the previous
values: produce the opposite, aggravate the problem."

H (p. 86): "
This entails [...] at the same time the decision, to deal seriously with
the interim state, brought about by the devaluation of the highest values
in the simultaneous continuance of this world here as the only reality,
and to BE in it as in a historical world. Nihilism, now, is no longer a
historical proces, which we, as attendants, merely have over against us,
outside of us, or even behind us; nihilism reveals itself as the history of
our own era, which determines for it its active area, and by which we are
addressed. We are not standing in this history as in an indifferent area,
in which any standpoint and position can be obtained. This history is itself
the way we stand and go, the way we ARE."

(compare the quote from 1924. Also the year of Yorck's note - 1895)

so nihilism is the (geschichtliche) logic of history; and evading it means:
with logical necessity condemning oneself to the opposite of what is needed.
(fatal passive nihilism, instead of saving active nihilism)

(this first, only THEN the question if active nihilism, even ecstatic
nihilism, brings the release from revenge, or if an other, a step more
is needed - the step back, but only possible *via* Nietzsche)

rdb

a wider perspective can be attained when Nietzsche's word of metaphysics
as in us incorporated errors, is added. Esp. the question how then, when
everything is inherited, this fact itself can ever be envisioned.