RE: a kinda sad statistic

Quoting Tympan Plato <daxsein@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> barbaric citizens,
>
> I don't miss anybody who is not here do you?

I can think of at least three: Henk, Michael E., and he who went by the name
of
Julio, Ariosto, and perhaps more. But I also feel downright blessed to have
the respondents(co-respondents Heidegger calls them in 'What is Philosophy?')we
do.

I see the list as a re-enactment of scenes from Plato's long philosophy blowout:
booz,drugs, perhaps even the occasional love affair, who knows, but pretty
consistently through it all, we get suprisingly funny, well-written bits of
philosophy, woven in an out amongst the banter, often even interested in
inquiring, atleast for the moment, into the craziness that's happeneing at that
very moment.

And, it's all done "in perfromance" before the Order of the Ninety Eight. The
implied audience is eesential. Philosophy of this Catskill Comedy veriety
requires it. And the fact that said audience members are kind enough to step
out every now and again and let everyone know they're there is quite gracious
of them. Perhaps it would be nice if there were more. But as I've said
recently in a similar connection, "It's never enough."

Regards,

Allen