RE: [analytical-indicant-theory] Was Hitler a Christian?

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Namens James
Garrabrant
Verzonden: donderdag 7 oktober 2004 11:40
Aan: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Sv: [analytical-indicant-theory] Was Hitler a Christian?

>> Wasn't Hitler just an ordinary humanitarian?
>
> There's an interesting book entitled "The aconceptual mind: Heideggerian
> themes in holistic naturalism" by Pauli Pylkkö. Chapter seven "Is nazism
> humansim?" might be of interest for you.
>

> Thanks James. But i think i know where i am with modern humanism -
> Heidegger
> wrote a little book on it.
> So, i presume that it's the humanists and humanitarians themselves
> who ought
> to do some more reading, no: that can't help them. More victims....
> Alas for them, there's going to be another light on things, and this
> light
> is a bit darker than they like.
>
> but thanks again, i'll try take a look.
>
> regards
> rene

TO RENE:
Ah, the letters on Humanism (or whatever it's called in English). I
haven't had time to read that; I'm still an undergraduate student, by the
way. I think I understand very clearly your position on humanism.

I have my doubts every day anew, James.
The Pylkkö book is interesting however in other respects too. E.g. if one
is into aconceptuality, etc or wanting to get past the stalemates within
conscioussness research, etc, etc. The reason I know of this somewhat
unknown, radical book is that the author was a sort of mentor for the
department head of the program I'm studying. Pylkkö himself is kind of a
mythical figure amongst some of the students and faculty here. He was
allegedly a love-or-hate person, quite eccentric, and then disappeared to
Northern Germany to build boats because he thought the academic life was
the most degrading period of his life.

He's right about the depressive of academia. First i advised students
to try to obtain a position there, use it for own purposes. But now,
also after a sudden outburst of academic destruction here, i tend to
warning not to stay there, and get a job, next to which real philosophy
is better safeguarded. Also better for a reasonable valuation of oneself.
These ueber-academians praise each other into hell. Professoral
happiness is harder to bear (overcome) than proletarian misery.

rene

Personally: It's wonderful that we can, around here, be so obtuse and
crude about someone's character even in the midst of all banal norms we
live out.

  • Re: [Was Hitler a Christian?/Pylkkö/ Academic Disingenuity
    • From: James Garrabrant