Re: [heidegger-dialognet] Re: god gods not god but gods a god [god is not be-...

Hi
Thank you for your eloquently written reply. However, with regard to Dasein, I see authenticity more in terms of openness than anything else. Therefore authentic understanding, for me, is more akin to not-knowing "than the illumination of a clearing and the shining secret of the things themselves".

You are right to think in this way. It's more sober. I'm one of the list drunks like kenneth so I tend to get carried away by the shiny sparkles in Heidegger. You would probably prefer Novalis to Holderlin. Novalis is more dark than Holderlin. His poetic thoughts live underground and in caves and has more in common with mining than flying out towards the ethereal.

However, the being of the
waterglass seems a different sort of animal to the being of Dasein. Whilst, I do sort of understand that Heidegger specifically does not tie Dasein to the body or the human-being as it is 'inauthentically' understood, Dasein is nevertheless always mine even if it is a sort of free floating not-entity. What is your understanding of the being of the waterglass?

Sometimes I think of Dasein as pure subjectivity or sensing without understanding. Dasein in this case would be another list idiot. If I had a glass full of water in front of me I would drink from it.

tympan

Regards Edward.

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.