total war awe

James quoting Malcom:

>> I personally think peak oil can't come soon enough as we need to move
>> on from the age of oil to something else as soon as possible.
>> Unfortunately peak oil also means the collapse of the developed world's
>> national wealth as its economies go into decline and its militaries and
>> industry are given over to war in order to secure the energy they need
>> to keep 'business as usual' going for as long as possible. We seem to
>> be heading for a gigantic train wreck, the crash of modern industrial
>> civilisation, and the world's sole super power is leading the charge
>> with neoconservative extremists preaching the benefits of sustained,
>> global total war.

James, John, Malcom: we don't really need the bushmen and neo-con-artists to
declare total war, since the wholesale desertification of the earth by
'normal' business (the total using up of every being in the cycles of
production, consumption and distribution: gestell) has long long since been
total war (world war III & IV). If we could see that the real terror comes
from this implacable phenomenon and not especially from the so-called
terrorists (of either persuasion, islamist or neocon); to not see this is
errorism indeed...

regards

michaelP

  • Re: total war awe