RE: Energy decline and totalitarianism

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Namens Tympan Plato
Verzonden: maandag 25 oktober 2004 19:39
Aan: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: Energy decline and totalitarianism

featureless netizens,

I just realized how brilliant Judes insight was. If it is a question of
attuning that which is neither being nor non-being but a kind of
in-between.In GA39 it's a question of demi-gods who take on various guises
like Dionysus, or the troop of dragons that makes up the first diagram of
the I-ching, or the jewel net of Indra which is the power of metamorphis. In
this regard D&G write in _A Thousand PLateaus_ that Indra "is like pure
immeasurable multiplicity, the pack, an irruption of the ephemeral and the
power of metamorphosis inventing speed and secrecy 'representing' the
outside of the Estate apparatus " . This is from chapter 12 treatise on
nomadology. Otto with regards to Dionysus writes that he is the "god of two
forms (diamorphos)" but also "god of many forms (polyeidos kai polymorphos).
It seems to me that this is one the fascinating aspects of so much of Greek
mythology which is kind of *cunning* craft often associated with sophists
where rhetorical devices operate like hunter's lures, baits, nets, traps
which is the origin of a certain reading of socratic dialogoue which leaves
its victim paralyzed in a sort of stuned stupor which is what effective
surprises do to us when we are not trying to calculate and predict the
future as a good or bad outcome. Prediction always governed by the need to
control and master the unexpected and make our environment a little less
horrid, less wild and more domesticated, more white. I fear I am digressing.

Not at all, Vernant and Detienne write about mechane (trick) as the way of
doing of sophists and of animals. Not biologically of course, but by seeing
the same in the different - itself an act of cunning. And that Metis, the
mother of Athena, after having been swallowed by Zeus, has not become very
well-known, and the omnipresence of metis, cunning and advice, in all of
Greek culture has been hardly noticed, belongs to the theme, which plays
in the dark, the hidden.

And that's the link with us, not some Greece-enthusiasm: they were still not
subjects, we are no longer subjects. A subject is never without an object.
Therefore, as long as the subject does not change (gets off its place), EVERYTHING
it considers is object. But this explains all the impotence of Heidegger reading.
When we lose the subject, where remains thinking? What remains, if we can no longer
remain subject?

To the Greeks, and differently also to the Romans (Stoa), we're always in nature,
as what rises OF ITSELF (that is: without our doing), as we are, doing everything
we do, walk and talk, ourselves nature. The modern subject is OVER AGAINST nature.
Kant's subject is transcendental (also vis-avis its empirical brother), but since
Aristotle all meta-physics tends to surpass physis, AND return to it, but then as
a casted, projected nature.

There's no back to nature (Nietzsche on Rousseau), but there is also not a simple
surpassing of metaphysics, which cannot just be made undone. Proof: the current
pan-biologism.
Subjectivity, and truth as correspondence belong together. That truth as openness
then remains out of sight, is only 'natural', because one is not able to see the
nature in and of oneself. One has *already* objectified oneself. To proceed, one
first has to go back.
The problem: how to reach, by stepping back, the non-objective, the un-representable,
is not allowed to be left: we are already in it. The early Heidegger uses, hereto,
the formule beings-as-a-whole. We are, always already, thrown amidst what is, and
driven by what surrounds us. And already this is not representable, understandable.
It cannot mean, that we are just traceable like other things. By who, for who?
But then everything is there, and only we blind and unwilling, as long as we merely
use mechanics, and not mechane.

rene

phusis - phuo
natura - nasci

I was saying that the "co-operative tone" that leads to good vibes is no
doubt an exploitation of *sexual* energy. If then this network is a
technological prosthesis then surely it's an immesurable vibrator cum energy
booster and sexual enhancement. Oh yes, it's good day today :-)

tympan

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen
Technology
first two months FREE*.