RE: nietzsche's secret

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]Namens John Foster
Verzonden: maandag 15 november 2004 5:09
Aan: heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Re: nietzsche's secret

Nothing more than shedding one's skin. That is what good writing leaves
behind. A translucent skin, dry, a thin white thing, nothing more than
shards, toenail clippings. We wait only for another asteroid to hit our
home.

Other than that there is no apt metaphor - except to say that living well
should be nothing more than being comfortable in one's skin.

Is it?

Heidegger says that Man Dwells Poetically on Earth....but does he mean this
in a strict ancient Greek sense, or does he mean this essentially for all
time?

Hi John,

My, but not subjective, take is: it's only like that when it is said and heard
poetically. So it's not a statement on sthing real, but a saying which CAN
be true. Again: possibility. "A possibility that is higher than all actuality." (BT)

How is that possible?

Only when all actuality/reality is determined by a possibility.

What is the greatest possible determination of the actual?

Blindness that is blind for itself. It makes impotent, without the
possibility to find out why, and therefore it makes furious.
The fury is itself (in its essence) invisible, only the consequences are
visible. These consequences are the actual.

In what consists the greatest blindness?

In judging that only the actual, and only actual things are real, and denying
that everything could, and can be totally different.

But everything, measured by the initial saying, IS different, upside down.
'We dwell poetically.' No we don't. We dwell calculating. And therefore we can't
hear the saying, understand, stand open for: the possible.

So the saying and its said is only true, when it sounds. Poetically. The way
man dwells.

Another saying of Hoelderlin, but not a subjective one, sounds:

"We, we are it! Fruit of Hesperia!"

That's our possibility, and it is a poetical, a sounding one that can only be
heard. It's higher than all actualities and actual scientific statements about
the origin of man and earth. Even while denying the possible and the poetical
- saying that they are merely subjective is the worst denial - they but cannot
escape to be 'poetical' themselves: a hole, origin, the universe, animals etc.

It's all upside down: apes, black holes, DNA: all substitutes for NOT dwelling
poetically. Possibility that POSITS the actual.

(fot Nietzsche, and only for him, eternal return is a possibility: "SUPPOSE
a ghost would whisper in your ear........" Earlier on: Nietzsche writes that
will-to-power, is the last fact we can get down to. Everything is lastly WtP.
But eternal return, as the way that everything is/becomes, is a (frightful)
possible thought. In Nietzsche the possible and the actual take their last
consequence. Once more the actual, the occurrent is held by possibility.
"Where i go, is still road." (ice, that is)

Now that it is completely melted, we have to think of sthing else, think basically
differently, to find, no to build a road. The word herefor used by Heidegger is
bewegen, normally: moving. While all movement we can think of is of things, Heidegger
adduces the older word: beweegen, where ee = umlaut-e. *Making* a way through the
unway-able, where there (still) is no way. Elsewhere Heidegger calls it: the inaccessible,
(das Unzugaengliche) and at the same time the unavoidable, the Unumgangbare, where one
cannot go, pass by. Which only can be responded to 'poetically'.

regards
rene

chao

john