authenticity and naziism

I think that any philosophy can be used to justify naziism if the
philosopher is so inclined. The question, to my mind, is are there any
necessary connections between a given philosophy and naziism and, if
so, how do we interpret these? If Heidegger's "philosophy of
authenticity" is intimately tied to naziism in some way (and I have yet
to see any intelligent argument for or against this) it need not lead
us either to abandon Heidegger or to embrace naziism. The adequacy (or
even "truth") of such a philosophy may reside in its indicating the
little nazi in us all, which seems on the whole to be the most likely
case.

David Westbrook
Social and Political Thought
York University