Re: Heidegger, ethics, politics, gall and Aristotle

Colin Wilder's point is well taken. The trouble is the difference that might be
made of the distinction between the Aristotelian roots of Heidegger's
project (and thus the commonalities) that are inevitbaly to be found between
them, and Heidegger's own project. For Aristotle was able to assume much
more continuity between ehtics as between physics and metaphysics than
we do assume (post not only Nietzsche not only Freud, but also marx as
viewed after Europe 1989/1991). If Heidegger has something to contribute of
a kind specific to our times, the question of this difference is a salient one.
That said, I would hardly argue that the deep roots of Aristotle's thinking
and outlook have nothing to do with Heidegger's philosophising. No indeed.

For ethics might we look for a term that would better reflect the Greek
rather than the latinized, moralized sense of the word?

Can we read Heidegger together with Nietzsche (a hard thing, but worth trying
inasmuch as Heidegger himself read and re-read Nietzsche as counter not
as he read Aristotle as ground)? I suspect all too many readers of Heidegger
cannot do so. But the turn to Aristotle requires a seamless metaphysics
and I fear that we do not have one.

Queritur.