Re: [mpisgmedia] CM-SPA Flyover-art / bhagidaari Games aesthetics

--- arunab <arunab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have everything against children"trying their
> hand" at decorating flyovers
> of the capital with attempts at 'art'. Worse still
> is the idea of doing
> "pilot projects" at premier flyovers like the AIIMS
> & the Dhaula Kuan
> flyovers. These, as well as the metro stations
> should be treated as heritage
> structures of the future

Absolutely. rant of 2002 was (a) comment on SPA,
tempered by knowing it had an excellent Art studio
teacher and (b) in panic about CM - former misguided
(Director SPA, not Art Studio faculty, participated in
Aesthetics Committee meeting), latter well-founded.

I have another reason - i think children should be
left out of shenanigans. I also protest using them for
bhagidari tree planting after illegal evictions.

I do wonder what Delhi Urban Art Commission has to say
about CM's very own Aesthetics Committee, besides
about transportation-art. Can some one ask? (i have
too many issues pending with it to open a new line in
our one-way communications)