[mpisgmedia] Delhi Metro

Metro to open toilets for travellers
18 Jul 2007, 2315 hrs IST,TNN
Print Save EMail Write to Editor

NEW DELHI: Disposing of a PIL seeking toilet facilities within Metro stations and inside DMRC trains, the Delhi High Court on Wednesday, directed the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to ensure sufficient number of public toilets in its stations.

A division bench of Chief Justice M K Sharma and Justice Sanjeev Khanna directed the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation to complete the construction of toilets in the stations at the earliest after the counsel for the corporation assured the bench, that out of a total of 58 stations, 45 stations should have public toilets, while work was on to equip another six.

However, the corporation pleaded helplessness in constructing such public facilities at another four stations because of space constraint.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Delhi/Metro_to_open_toilets_for_travellers/articleshow/2215606.cms

see earlier news on toilets. I recall a post on architexturez in jan 2003 or dec 2002 which I can not find

DMRC ties up loos ends!
2 Jan 2003, 0501 hrs IST,Arun Kumar Das,TNN

So far so good. The successful operation of the metro has put the city's public-transport system on the right track. Meanwhile, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is having second thoughts about the absence of toilets at metro stations.
Elaborates DMRC spokesperson Anuj Dayal, "While mobile toilet facilities are provided at metro stations, we will soon take a decision on setting up permanent toilets after ascertaining the profile of the average commuter."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/33121487.cms