Re: Answer me!

To Martin and Erik and everyone else:

I agree with most of what you say, Martin, in response to Erik's question. I
would add that the translation of the cinema books contributed considerably
to making Deleuze better known in the UK and the US. I would also cite
Jameson's book on Windham Lewis (_Fables of Aggression_) RATHER than _The
Political Unconscious_ as a work influenced by D&G: the _PU_ resuscitates a
hermeneutic *against* D&G's call for no more interpretation. Jameson
himself, it is true, claims to be pursuing the project of "schizo-analysis,"
but I'm not sure that he actually does so (whatever the *other* merits of his
book are).

Gene Holland