Time: Chronos vs. Aion

I realize that we are carrying on a reading of plateau 10 from ATP, but I
would like to see if I could illicit a little conversation on Deleuze's
theory of time. (Which is intimately related to becoming, no?)

I ask this because I am having difficulty convincing a friend of mine that,
for Deleuze, time is neither chronological or linear. He tells me that to
use the post-present-future triad (he's been reading THE LOGIC OF SENSE) is
to be locked into the confusion of space as time. He also tells me that
Deleuze uses nothing but spatial concepts. I have told him that he is
perhaps not giving Deleuze enough credit, and that he would need to better
understand Deleuze's semiotic theories (not at all Saussuro-Derridean--
identity = negative difference, but more Percian and Hjelmslevian with
biology and physics thrown in) in order to understand that concepts don't
communicate (not even through negative difference) and that what he thinks
are "spatial metaphors" are neither spatial nor metaphorical, but singular,
non-communicative, and for that very reason, temporal. Does this make
sense to anyone? Any suggestions?

chris dacus
cnd7750@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx