Re: Time: deconstruction

I forgot to address this in my last post.

>> Actually, I like Geof Bennington's formulation
of the operation of diff
ance: neither A nor B nor both
nor neither, which, to recall my days as an anal
ic
philosopher, is an aporia of identity: a repetition of
X =/= X? Of course,
he question then rebounds: can
D&G affirm from a critique of identity? Massumi
ssumes
it can, as a BOTH/AND of radical empiricism. I'm inclined
to this, but
hat happens to difference without negation
(cf. Descombes' discussion of Nietzs
e & Philosophy)?
Emission of singularities, you say? Well, in that case,
how
he hell does one talk about a reactive force (or
a sad passion, or a molar iden
ty, etc.)?

In NIETZSCHE & PHILOSOPHY and DIFFERENCE & REPETITION writes about the
"no" as a positive force. As Nietzsche wrote, beyond good and evil
does not mean beyond good and bad. I'll find where the passages in
question are and post them later this eveing. (I meant to write "Deleuze"
after REPETITION above.)

chris