ARCHITECTURE: Query: TensegrityNEXT

From: IN%"[email protected]" "List for the discussion of Buckminster Fulle
r'
s works" 19-MAR-1992 11:12:18.19
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
CC:
Subj: Tensegrity and Octetruss models

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1992 13:50:54 GMT
From: Mitch Amiano <amiano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Tensegrity and Octetruss models
Sender: List for the discussion of Buckminster Fuller's works
<[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
Comments: Warning -- original Sender: tag was NETNEWS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[...on short, short, soapbox...]

Some weeks ago, I posted a request for information regarding model building
systems for tensegrities or octetruss. So far, I have received no responses,
and no one has voiced similiar interests, so I am going to develop one myself.

I enjoy doing this kind of activity - it is in many ways relaxing. However,
it is difficult to accept that, of the one group in Usenet most likely to
have people interested in models of Fuller's designs, I am the only one.

[...off soapbox...]

So I again ask, does anyone know of such model building systems ?

Has anyone out there designed such a modelling system for their own use ?
If you have, could you share your ideas on the design of system components ?

Some component issues of a tensegrity model as I see them:
tension member materials/forms
compression member materials/forms
tension-member to compression-member connection designs
compression-member to tension-member connection desings

| Mitch Amiano Current Work Phone: 716-477-3506 |
| Software Contractor Address: amiano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
| Rochester, NY |
| 716-226-2024 |