ART: John Cage Event.

- - The original note follows - -

Newsgroups: alt.artcom
From: zittel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eric Zittel)
Subject: Cage
Sender: Eric Zittel (zittel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1992 14:30:11 GMT
Expires: Wed, 9 Sep 1992 04:00:00 GMT

Hello There, from Troy, N.Y.

We are interested in putting together a show/tape/installation/performance
honoring John Cage's work. If you aren't sure what we do here at IEAR
(Integrated Electronic Arts at Rensselaer) well it's like this...
We use computer music (mostly MIDI, some MAX, and I personally Like Chadabe's
M) computer graphics, and video art to create Happenings (for lack of a
better word).
We will take Fax-art, tapes, music, or anything else that in some way
honors the work of Cage.
But before that, I'm looking for responses from artists who are interested.
Based on the interest, I may find a better direction for this thing to
move in. (if you send me ideas, be sure to (c) them-I won't take them,
but someone else could)

If interested, mail directly to me.
My name is Eric, and my e-mail address is:
zittel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my home address for correspondance is:
251 Congress St.
Apt. 7