[no subject]

I am working on a project for my physics class. At the moment I
am trying to figure out an efficient way to design a pneumatic (air-powered)
motor. Insofar, we (my physics class) has only been able to produce
approx. 47 Watts with the motor. I think that one way to improve the
design is to alter the bushing in the housing that the shaft is set into.
We are using Teflon at the moment for the bushing, but it seems that the
surface of the Teflon has worn down with use and is allowing air-leakage.
We are considering using Delren as an alternative (it still has a low
coefficient of friction, but is a much stronger material as compared
to Teflon). (oops .. that should be Delren AF above). What other materials
could be a viable option? We are also considering bearings in place
of bushings. If any of you design people have any ideas, I'd really
like to hear them! Thanks!

-Aaron Culich
internet: jsalc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bitnet: [email protected]