GENERAL: Graphic Design & DTP PC Software?

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Industrial Design Forum" 28-SEP-1993
19:50:42.80
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: RE: Graphic Design and DTP PC Softwares

Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1993 08:45:56 +1000
From: Michael Buchanan <buchanan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Graphic Design and DTP PC Softwares
Sender: Industrial Design Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 28 Sep 1993 idac@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I'm a Graphic Design student at PUC, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
>
> I'm interest in Graphic Design conferences, and also, PC Desktop Publishing
> software conferences, such as PageMaker.
>
> Since I'm having some trouble to find out new conferences in this enormous
> net, I was wondering if someone could help me, indicating some conference you
> already know or readed about.

Hi Michael. In reply to your letter, there is a directory of
E-conferences regularly updated at Kent University that you can 'get'. In
total, there are 10 files totalling about half a meg. Mail
listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and in the message section (nothing anywhere
else!) type

GET ACADLIST README

The listserver will send you the Introduction to the directory giving you full
instructions on how to obtain everything and how the whole show runs.

It might also be an idea to look at news groups on your topics of interest.

Michael Buchanan
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The University of Queensland
Australia