Newsgroups: alt.architecture
From: jpl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jonathan Lavigne)
Subject: Re: Looking for location of Falling Water
Sender: news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Mr News)
Date: 27 Oct 93 05:09:49 GMT

gibsonf1@xxxxxxxxxx (Frederick Clifford Gibson) writes:

>Alan Semon (asemon@xxxxxxx) wrote:

>: I plan on being in the Pittsburgh PA area later next month (Nov.) and
>: was wondering where F. L. Wright's _Falling Water_ house was. I believe
>: it is in that area, but where precisely?

>: Also, any information regarding tours or times it might be open to
>: the public would be greatly appreciated.

>Falling Water is NorthEast of Pittsburg at Bear Run. For exact information,
>contact the Kaufmann Conservation on Bear Run at 412-329-8501. The
>best way to see the house is on one of the Sunday morning "in depth"
>tours. They last about an hour and cost approx $20. You are in for
>an incredible experience!
When I went three years ago, the reserved, in-depth tours were given every
day at 9:00 before the regular tours began. Has this schedule changed? The
tour I took was with the guide and one other person. It was as if the house
was ours for two hours. It was, indeed, an incredible experience.

According to the AAA Tourguide, Fallingwater is 3 miles northeast of
Ohiopyle on state route 381.

Jonathan Lavigne BL.JPL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Libraries Group/Stanford University