Re: Architectural Conservation

article <2ic71o$phg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, gene@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Eugene Marner)
wrote:

> I'm very interested in finding resources on the Internet in
> connection with the conservation of buildings, monuments, in
> short the world's cultural patrimony. Interested in all
> related issues, such as the effects of pollution, tourism,
> urban demolition and renewal, war, nationalism, collecting,
> vandalism, bad conservation, etc. Grateful to anyone who can
> point me in the right direction. Gene Marner

I don't know if there is a specific source in the field of Architectural
Conservation on the Internet, there are guides in the field of architecture,
building, construction and environmental resources. After finding them I
think, you can establish a relevant connection.

Assuming you were experienced with FTP, I recommend you ftp.cac.psu.edu site
to search for all the guides I mentioned above. They are all under
/pub/internexus.
The files you should specifically download to your local system are:

TOPICAL.GUIDES : Information about topical Internet Guides,
ARCHITEC.INFO : Internet sources for architecture and building,
ENVIRONM.INFO : A Guide to Environmental Resources on the Internet,

In ARCITEC.INFO, architectural related sources in gopher, www-based
information systems, electronic journals, listservs, newsgroups, full text,
images, indexes, library catalogs and ftp sites are explored. After copying
these files to your system, you can view them using one of your word processing
program or a text editor.

The other option is Gopher which I believe is not as informative as the above
one because the sources you will get from FTP won't be only limited to Gopher.

Good luck,
Salih