Re: What's wrong with Architecture!

- - The original note follows - -

From: randolph@xxxxxxxxxx (Randolph Fritz)
Subject: Re: What's wrong with Architecture!
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 1994 17:04:18 GMT

In article <1994Feb28.174459.1@clstac> cvacsgrg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>I truly think that Architecture is obsolete. The world, every day, becomes
>more and more mechanized and efficient.

Oh ho--it's flame-bait!

This is a rehash of 80-year-old architectural design thinking. Read
Le Courbusier, who was one of its chief proponents.

>It's all about math and logical thinking and not stupid abstract
>concepts about how light hitting a dixie cup or some other stupid
>thing that generates ideas. Look at idiots like Le Corbusier. What
>the hell was he thinking.

Actually, about math and logical thinking.

If you want to critique modernist design, you'll need to come up with
some new theories; thinking about engineering is mostly how we got
modern architecture.

Randolph