Re: Inhabited Bridges

- - The original note follows - -

From: hughjc@xxxxxxx (HughJC)
Subject: Re: Inhabited Bridges
Date: 5 Mar 1994 14:59:03 -0500

>I am a graduate student at MIT involved in an architecture workshop on
>inhabited bridges. The Centre Pompidou is putting on an exhibition
>about inhabited bridges in 1995 or so and the workshop course is helping
>to put together research and design proposals for the exhibition.

The Ponte Vecchio in Venice is an obvious old one.

Paul Rudolph had a proposal for Lower Manhattan to build apartments up along
the entrances of the Manhattan & Williamsburg Bridges. His renderings are on
page 82 of his book Paul Rudolph; Architectural Drawings (1982 Architectural
Book Publishing Company)