[no subject]

?
|It *is* possible. It should be done.
However, NAAB stands in the way of its implementation with such requirements
as (the old notions of) "studio" and "faculty offices". The current
facilities in architecture schools are somewhat modelled on the old Ecole
des Beau Arts models. The current schools are filled with people who are
fearful of loosing their power to "teach" rather than giving students the
power to learn. The numbers of students are limited in that kind of system.
Other systems can "serve" as many as 15 000 students at one institution.
The new technology will increase the learning environment to millions of
research/learners. The current faculty populations continue to think in
terms of defensive measures to protect their positions and their institutions.
However, the fragmentation of both these position and these institutions are
now occurring by means of the new technology of telecommunications. Ivan
Illich seems to have been right on track with his predictions about "Deschool-
ing Society". Of course it is possible --- and desirable, but in the process
more of society must be given the opportunity to partake in the exchange of
information by this means. When can the results of the study be seen?

Thanks. Howard