ART: NYC Gopher.

From: IN%"koopman@xxxxxxx" 11-AUG-1994 08:23:43.55
To: IN%"artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
CC: IN%"david.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx"
Subj: ART COLLECTION (fwd)

Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 08:23:07 -0400
From: koopman@xxxxxxx (Michael G. Koopman)
Subject: ART COLLECTION (fwd)
Sender: artnet-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: david.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 1994 20:41:01 -0500 (CDT)
From: Gleason Sackman <sackman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: net-happenings <net-happenings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 94 17:52:42 CDT
From:david.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx
To: Multiple recipients of list <gopherjewels@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ART COLLECTION

A most interesting art collection at the Panix Gopher:

About New York Art Line (NYAL) Rev. June 23, 1994

Welcome to New York Art Line, the Panix gopher art area.

NYAL is the present stage of my ongoing/evolving search for
art and art resources on the Internet. NYAL is primarily a
connection to these resources - one stop shopping - as it were.

But also --

In addition to simply pointing to other resources, NYAL is an area
where Arts organizations, NYC Area Artists, and Artists who work with
Technology can post information.

--> 1. WELCOME to NEW YORK ART LINE (Info, Help, & News)/
2. Arts Wire (The Art News & Information Network)/
3. E-zines & Other Periodicals/
4. Galleries on Line/
5. Images & Software/
6. Museums & Schools /
7. Internetic Art /
8. Kenny's Home Page - Arts on the Web (for HTML readers only)/
9. Media Arts (Stage, Film, TV, Photography)/
10. The Neon Internet Roadside Diner /
11. New York ART community/
12. Not Just Visual Art (Dance, Music, & more)/
13. Related to Art (Education, Law, & More)/
14. Techno Art /
15. Usenet Arts via Mercury Gateway (Experimental)/
16. Other Art Gophers /
17. Wet Paint! (Watch where you step)/

Type=1+
Name=New York Art Line
Path=1/nyart
Host=gopher.panix.com
Port=70
Admin=The Panix Gopher Support Team <gopher@xxxxxxxxx>
ModDate=Wed Jul 20 13:47:43 1994 <19940720134743>

I do not represent this site...I just found it and thought it would
be of interest. I make every attempt to identify the point of origin
on every site I find. If I have made an error, please let me know.

Also, I assume everyone reading this post will access the site via
gopher. I have no idea (and do not attempt to find out) if the site
supports public telnet access, or if the URL has been constructed
correctly.

Traffic jams are common at sites mentioned on this list. Don't be
surprised if it takes a few days to gain access.

David Riggins
Gopher Jewels Project
david.riggins@xxxxxxxxxx