Re: O.M. Ungers etc.

I know now that my original statement was misleading. The ground
floor of the Ambassador's residence is under direction of the architect.
Furniture, paintings, lighting, etc. is in place and cannot be moved.
(Unless, perhaps, with the architect's permission.) The upstairs
are the private quarters. The photos I've seen are of a long
hallway, very austere, with plain doors at the entrance of each
separate room. The Ambassador and his family may and will furnish
these rooms with personal items. However, as part of the building
design, the upstairs windows are large but divided by dark wood into very
small panes, destroying what would have been a panoramic and scenic view.
From the outside the building is impressive and reminds one of Mt. Vernon
with white pillars in the front (but without the symmetrical placement of
doors and windows.)

C. Owens